Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tweet me a Story Contest: The Finals


So, as you all know...I entered NYC midnight's Tweet me a story contest. They gave me a word, and I had to come up with three short stories. I could not exceed 140 characters. My word was sharp, and I passed the first round. The tweet that they selected was:

"A sharp pain pulsated through my veins. The pain so real. I didn't know what to think...until the worms crawled out of my skin."

After the general public voted on the top 15, my tweet was selected for the finals. (hooray!) Today, I received my final word, tear, and wrote these three tweets:

1) A small, saline fluid began to secret from my lachrymal gland. "A tear." I looked at her. "It's called a tear. You heartless bastard."

2) I began to tear into the fresh corpse's ribcage. Her organs were slipping and popping through my fingers. "I will find my ring, you whore."

3) "Don't tear down my dreams mom!" Billy started up the stairs. "I may not be smart, but I sure ass hell can make a cardigan better than you!"

*Fingers crossed* let's hope one of these is good enough to win me something! Thank you to everyone who voted in the first round. I really needed this to get myself motivated in my writing. This is the start of many awesome things, and I'm really happy that I just made it this far. I don't need to win (but it would be nice) making it to the finals is enough to make me smile.

No comments: