Friday, August 31, 2007

Priceless Gift


Rachel.
Your name swirls around my lips,
And seeps into my skin.
As bitter as the lead I grasp-
To create.
Sweet is the taste of sinful touch,
Poison sinks into my soul.
Runs throughout my veins
And calls you mine.
Lady of the night
Haunt my dreams and command me to live.
Loving poison which Absinth cannot cure,
And moves me to collapse into you.
My Impressionism cannot impress
My Expressionism cannot express.
My undying need to posses you.
What shall I give you
To prove my loving worth?
A priceless gift of gold?
A useless emotion on canvas?
To arbitrary
To trivial.
The gift of flesh
Is the only comparison to you.
With this razor that shines
As lovely as your eyes
I will raise to my lobe.
Slice the flesh that separates us
To see glowing red,
And remind my heart of the color of your lips.
Wrapped in newspaper I will send my love.
My Priceless Gift I present to you,
And written with love I say;
“Keep this object carefully.”

No comments: